1) My Digital scale:
a) Is displaying an error message that looks like "OuRt2"
b) Is displaying a similar error code
c) Won't turn on
d) Won't stabilize
e) Won't weigh correctly
f) What does this mean?
If your scale is flashing ANY error message or is not weighing properly, there are a few basic trouble shooting procedures you can follow, as well as a few questions you'll need to answer before continuing:
(1) Try changing your batteries. Bad or aging batteries CAN cause your scale to malfunction. Make sure your batteries are in good condition before trying to re calibrate or troubleshoot further.
(2) Has your scale been overloaded or dropped?? Exceeding the maximum capacity of your scale can sometimes throw off your reading as well as dropping it, or causing any kind of physical trauma to the unit.
(3) DO YOU HAVE (or have access to) THE APPROPRIATE CALIBRATION WEIGHT FOR YOUR SCALE?? (Each scale is different, be sure to check your manual, or call us to double check). If you don't have the appropriate weight, check with the store where you purchased the scale. They may have them stock, or have one that you can use.
2) After basic trouble shooting, my scale is still flashing an error message or weighing improperly. What do I do now?
Basic re-calibration may now be required. *YOU WILL NEED THE APPROPRIATE CALIBRATION WEIGHT FOR YOUR MODEL TO CONTINUE* This is a simple and effective process. Just follow the instructions in you manual, OR GIVE A CALL TOLL FREE AT 1-888-293-7661 AND ONE OF OUR KNOWLEDABLE SALES REPS CAN WALK YOU THROUGH THIS PROCESS STEP-BY-STEP. (Each scale is different, and therefore, has a different method of calibration, for quick and easy calibration, we recommend that you give us a call.)
3) After basic trouble shooting and re-calibration, my scale still isn't working properly. What now?
All US BALANCE digital scales are covered under a 5 years manufactures warranty, but simply, if your scale breaks due to a flaw in its design, we will fix it or replace it. All of our scales come with a warranty card with instructions. However, if you have misplaced your warranty card, please read the following instructions: Defective Scales May Be Returned To:
US BALANCE WARRANTY DEPARTMENT
1098 EAST BECKED LANE
VINCENNES IN 47591
***PLEASE INCLUDE: ***
1) Your name, address, and phone number.
2) Your warranty card.
3) A copy of your sales receipt.
4) All of your scales original packaging and accessories along with your scale.
5) A brief description of HOW your scale is malfunctioning. (I.e. "Won't calibrate")
6) A $10 cashier's check or money order (This covers shipping, insurance, and inspection).